Me and my little blue wagon are parked up at my lovely friend, Kim’s, farm now.
The big flood forced a relocation – from Martyn’s to Kim’s, just around the corner. To keep the farmgirl in me happy, I will call Kim’s ‘farm’ a farm even though it’s a medium sized town block in Lismore. We’ll turn it into a farm with lots of food production in the coming months!
What I’ve been doing:
- moved wagon to Kim’s (with unfortunate associated use of a friend’s vehicle and fossil fuel)
- cut bamboo from neighbouring massive clump and used some to support tarp
- built a little deck using old pallets found on the corner of the street after the flood
- built the rocket stove and set up a wooden box for fuel storage (paper, twigs, pine cones and building offcuts) – the box had been previously used inside the wagon for clothes storage until wet through in the flood
- built a little table of sorts on the deck using bits of timber lying around the place
- set up a kitchen sink out the back
- started work on my ‘outhouse’ (using bamboo and pallets) – a place with a bit of privacy for my bucket loo and bathing
- used my bike and it’s associated little trailer (built using old bits of bikes by my Dad and given to me for Xmas last year), to transport stuff to Kim’s farm
- helping Kim prepare her house for moving in
- grieving some personal loss (see last post)
- some fun interviews
- started helping out on the Green Goddess stall at the organic markets again
- going back to my friend’s Koonorigan farm to help look after the cutest little kid once a week so he doesn’t have to do Kindy 5 days/week
Thanks heaps to Kim for having me take up part of her backyard and for being a very skilled photographer! She took these great photos.